Gail was such a huge part of my weight loss success!
As someone who is loosing/aware of their weight thoughts constantly on my mind are : What will I eat??? How much? When? How often? I think we need to be prepared and focused to make it through Christmas. As Gail often said we have three choices
- You can loose weight
- You can maintain your current weight
- You can choose to gain weight
Then you need to put a plan in action to make that goal a reality! If your choice is #3 just make sure you set a number don't go pigging out for the holidays!!!
One of the tools you can put in your toolbox is : Decode Favourite/Family Recipes
If you're an online or etools member of Weight Watchers you can take advantage of the recipe builder. This allows you to input all the ingredients and quantities enter in the number of servings and it spits out your points per serving! So easy and convenient. What if you don't have access to a great online resource like the recipe builder?
- Find our the points value for each ingedient in the quantities needed for the recipe
- Add up all the points
- Divide points total by the number of servings and there you have it, your points per serving!
- Learn the points value of family favourite dishes
- Focus on eating filling foods. Its least a little harder to eat when you're full or at least you'll think twice about it and feel uncomfortable afterwards!
- Decide before the meal/event/party what you're going to eat and how much
- Drink your water!
- Don't go to a meal/event/party hungry!
- Use the tool for living : mental rehearsing to come up with a plan to handle that event and vision yourself doing it successfully!
- Pot lucks
- Time/motivation to exercise
- Fancy drinks
- Big meals
- Other's cooking
- Seasonal baking
- Treats in the workplace (cookies/chocolates/etc.)
Guess what? Today is my last entry for NaBloPoMo! I have posted a blog entry for every day in November! Not only for one blog, but two! That's 60 blog entries in 30 days! I'm CRAZY!