Sunday, October 3, 2010

Run For The Cure 2010

Christin, Todd (my partner), & myself after the run/walk

Today myself, my partner Todd, and my best friend Christin participated in the CIBC Run For The Cure at the Ottawa run site.  This is an event that is run across Canada every year in the hopes of raising awareness and money for Breast Cancer Research.  This year there were 9,000 participants in Ottawa who raised 1.6M dollars, my final total this year is $1,430!  I surpassed my goal of $1,000 and would like to thank each and every one of you who as supported me both financially and with well wishes!


For Todd and I, this is our 3rd year participating, and we'll be at the same place, same time next year!

At the start line waiting to go!

We were very lucky the morning started out very cold at 2 Celsius here at home!  As 9am started to roll around things started to warm up, it was a clear, beautiful day to go for a run along the Ottawa Valley Parkway.  Todd and I ran together this year, the last 2 years he ran ahead of me.  This year he was fantastic pushing me to try and make the time goal my friend Judie had challenged me with.  Judie had doubled her donation, challenging me to complete 5K in 25 minutes.  Thanks for sticking it out with me this year hon!

Unfortunately I didn't make that 25 minute timeline that I was challenged with, but I tried!  I used my new Nike+ sensor to get stats on my run and here's the chart on how I did.  You can tell when I hit the hills!  I really like the Nike+ sensor and I'll write a separate post about that in the near future!  Judie a homemade lasagna will be coming your way! 

Walkers/runners heading for the finish line (Parliament Hill in the distance)

The Walkers starting to head to the finish line (beautiful morning on the Ottawa River Parkway)

Run For The Cure is a great and emotional event and I'll keep doing it until I can't walk anymore!

Me and the OAMA Panther, when Todd does Brazilian Jujitsu this is his school

(some of the photos were taken with my iPhone so they're not the best)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish! It was a run for a good cause.

Unknown said...

Great pics, and congratulations on a big finish! Looks like it was a beautiful day, too!