Thursday, September 1, 2011

Running To Save Boobies

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I haven't blogged all summer... months actually.  I am going to go into that in my next post because I do intend to resume this blog and let you know how I've been (not) doing since I last blogged.

I wanted to let you know about a worthy cause that is very close to my heart.  For the last three years I've participated in the CIBC Run For the Cure.  This is a charity run/walk that takes place across Canada on the first Sunday in October, which happens to be October 2nd this year.  The point of this 5K run/walk is to raise money to support Breast Cancer research and education programs.


Every participant gets a race bib that says "Who Are You Running For?" its very emotional to read the messages that people wear proudly that day.  Who Am I Running For? you may ask.  I'm running to help create a future without Cancer, because back in the spring of 2007 I had a Breast Cancer scare.

In late March of 2007 I went into my (awesome) Doctor for my annual physical exam, during that exam she found a good sized lump in my right breast.  I can't explain to you the emotions that went through me at that time.  I was scheduled for a Mammogram and Ultrasound which happened in mid April (Mammogram = not fun, imagine putting your boob in the fridge door and trying to close it shut).  The very next day my Doctor, not the receptionist, not a nurse, not the lab called me AT WORK.  When that happened that's when I became scared, Doctors don't call you personally at work.  She wanted to see me that day... the next at the latest.  I am very proactive about my health care and I went to the doctor's that afternoon.  The news wasn't good, I had to be scheduled for a biopsy.

I cried while I drove home.  Cancer is VERY scary!

It was a few rough weeks between the ultrasound, biopsy and results... weeks that drove me crazy, trying to be patient.

I am one of the lucky ones my lump was not Cancer

I'd like to ask you to help me meet my fundraising goal!  This year I'd like to raise $1,000 towards Breast Cancer Research by making an online donation no amount is too small.  Anyone from anywhere in the world can donate online.

Click HERE to go to my personal donation page.


Help me work towards a future with no Cancer!


No comments: