Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sorry About The. Scilence

Sorry it's been well over a week since my last post!  I did have every intention of writing something up last Wednesday but things just got in the way!


Wednesday started out great!  I stepped on the scale and I was down 1 pound, see I even did a happy little selfie!  I'm now down 1.2 lbs. 


After work I went to the gym and met up with a friend for a pre-vacation pedicure!   A little tradition I started last summer that before every trip I get a pedi. Not a big fancy-girlie nail person. But it's fun to have pretty nails!  I picked out this cool shade of blue and she even gave me a cute little flowr on my big toes. 


That's when the week started to go downhill. While at the nail salon I felt like a headache was coming on. I popped two Excedrin for migraine. Hoping it was just the fumes that were bothering me. That and the fact I was starving. I then hooked up with another friend for dinner, figured I needed to eat sooner rather than later... That sometimes is the probelm. A decent dinner with nice company, and I felt a little better. While waiting for our food I was checking out a Just Cross Stitch issue Chrostin had picked up for me... Left that at the restaurant. Went back it was nowhere to be found. 

Another sign that things weren't going well after dinner we stopped in at the mall across the street. I wanted to hit the Body Shop for my favourite facial cleanser. While walking around I noticed I was starting to itch. Yup, I was breaking out in hives. So I followed that earlier Excedrin with a chaser of Claratin. 

Thursday morning I couldn't get out of bed.  Well I tried, I got up and showered, called in sick and went back to bed until 11am. Then I went back to bed again in the afternoon for 3 more hours. This migraine had hit me hard. I felt better on Friday and made it into work despite feeling like I got ran over. I didn't feel great most of the weekend and stuck close to home. 

When I feel like this I tend to not eat well when I do eat and my cravings tend to rule me. So I didn't makes part choices, I didn't track. I am proud that I did track after the fact. 



I peeked at the scale this morning because tomorrow I'm up at stupid dark o'clock getting to the airport for 5am, on a plane for 7am for the first half of my journey to Charleston SC. Originally my flight was supposed to be two and a half hours later. Now because of this change I get to entertain myself at the Detroit Airport for over 5 hours!  Oh joy! 

Anyhow back to that peek, I'm up 0.2lbs. Though being fairly active a couple of days of feeling like shit (or death warmed over) and tracking after the fact I guess that's okay. I'm still not happy with it. I may pop on the scale tomorrow morning, but I have a massage after work today and I really don't plan on cooking tonight so we may eat out, both I find affect the scale. 

My plan for this trip is to get out and walk each morning (workout clothes are packed), enjoy the things (food) I can't get up here. I see at least one Sonic a Peanut Butter Fudge milkshake in my future. If we get into a Cracker Barrel one or two biscuits with gravy. I'm sure there may be other sinful delights, and if I'm going to be bad I want it to be a) something I can't get at home b) worth every bite!  I am going to track what I eat, or at least journal it and not worry about the points. 

If I can I'd like to break even after this trip. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy when the blogs I love to read pop up, so I was happy to see yours today.

I think you are going with the right mindset for your trip....enjoy it!

I love the toes!

Bonnie Brown said...

Great additude going into the trip!
Milkshake sounds amazing.... Must try one one of these days lol
Have a great time!

Shebafudge said...

Sounds like a good plan for the trip. Have a wonderful time. xx

Abby said...

So sorry you were feeling horrible. I am the same way when I get migraines they knock me out and cooking healthy is not a priority.