I have been stressed out and a lot on my mind, which has been affecting my sleep. Unfortunately not a lot of this is under my control right now. I'm heading to the Dominican Republic in about 4 weeks with a group of high school students on a 3rd world experience. We're hitting crunch time in terms of fundraisers and collecting clothing, medical supplies, etc. to take with us. So I'm doing what I do very well, get stressed out and have migraines.
I weighed in this morning and just as I couldn't believe I had put on 5lbs in 2 weeks, I've magically taken off 4 lbs in one week! The body is truly a mystery over the two weeks where I gained I was running, going to Taekwon-Do and the gym. This week I made it to the gym once, ran twice and Taekwon-Do once... my last day of activity being on Monday. I'm very happy but just as puzzled! I'm going to make a point of hitting a Weight Watchers Center to get weighed in for the month of January since I know I won't be at my regular Saturday morning meeting.
So here's this week at a glance (as usual click to biggify)
- I have tracked every day as is my habit
- I'm doing very well with my sugar cravings! They're not so bad anymore and when they've hit I've tried to satisfy them with a cup of tea with milk and honey or a few tablespoons of raisins (nature's jujubes)
- Friday I bought a big container of jujubes, again letting my cravings get the better of me. By Saturday I threw most of them out (I did eat some). I've not had to do that in a long time, but it somehow felt feeling to throw those evil, tasty drops of sugar, colouring, and chemicals away.
- I went to stitching group and enjoyed it!
- I had a massage and skipped my work out and didn't feel guilty.
- I've actually not exercised since Monday and I'm not feeling guilty.
- Todd broke my treadmill earlier this week, he thinks he can fix it, and we can't afford to replace it right now.
- I'm not listening to my body and I'm fighting to stay up so I can have "more time" to stitch, be online, laundry, etc.
- I only cooked dinner one night this week (tonight), this usually doesn't have great effects for my weight loss efforts
- I gave in and bought the earlier mentioned jujubes
- I've not been to the gym in a week now
- I ate way too many mini-cream puffs on Sunday at my Mom's birthday dinner. But I had the points
- Poor sleep
- Its been freakin' cold
- I have allowed the scale to dictate my mood which I usually refuse to do
- I have not been happy this week
- Potluck situation this weekend
- Definitely no opportunity to exercise on Saturday
- I'd like to feel happier
- I'd like to get back into my exercise routine
- I'd like to manage my stress better