Tuesday, April 16, 2013

345 Days to Go, A Wasted Day?

I really need to stop letting how I feel dictate how I behave.

It's been a dull, dreary day actually so far it's been a dull dreary year! If its not cold and snowing its cloudy and wet! I think the nice day we had yesterday was spring and it's over now!



Being a dull and grey day just had me dragging my ass all day. I was tired, no spring to my step which had me giving I pinto my cravings before 9:30am! I had two cookies, jelly beans, and not just one of my low point snacks at home but three!



Not only did I give into my sugar cravings but instead of getting n the treadmill when I got home from work, I went to bed instead. I had a good two and a half hour nap (the advantages of not having kids).

To redeem myself I did hop on the treadmill at 9:30pm, doing week 1 day 2 of my C25K program. Some of you might think I'm crazy, but I'm a night owl! It was a good run, it felt good... A lot of my "good" runs are often late into the evening. From time to time I'll run in the morning but I feel so slow, I can't breathe and I just don't seem to move right.


- thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

Good job for getting on the treadmill! I was extreamly lazy last night and couldn't even talk myself into 10m on the eliptical

Unknown said...

I think you are right in the point that the weather effects our moods. I know that I just feel like curling into bed and hibernating.

Perhaps not what I should say, but I think it's ok to be in a slump. So long as you are still being accountable and going to your meetings. For a good 2-3 months (or more) I put on and off the same 2-3 pounds every week. Finally something clicked and I feel in control.

A wise friend of mine once told me while I was in my slump that it's ok...but you gotta pick one to focus on at least....diet OR exercise. Maybe you should start with that?

I personally am an all or nothing kind of girl. I am working on changing that mindset.

At least you did manage to do your run and that is a move in the right direction