Thursday, November 17, 2011

For Me

Almost ten years ago now, I got my first tattoo and I knew not too long after that I'd want another one.  It just took me a very long time to decide what that second tattoo would be, where it would go, etc.  Earlier this summer I finally came up with an idea and where I wanted it to go. 


In the beginning of August I went to New Moon a local tattoo parlour with an amazing and international reputation.  My first tattoo was actually done by one of their former artists who has a parlor in Cornwall.  I was very happy with the quality of the art work.  I was hoping to get this new tattoo done during my summer holidays.  It turned out I couldn't get an appointment until early September!  Which in the end, I had to postpone because my Mom was ill. 


Finally, today I got my new ink!

My first tattoo was stock art, a dragon, my Chinese Astrological Symbol.  This one is a custom piece, nothing too fancy but it has meaning to me, and that's what's important.  Seeing as I've been involved in Taekwon-Do for almost 15 years now it wouldn't be too stupid to put something related on my body.  My new tattoo is above my ankle, its a black belt (as I'm a 3rd degree) with the characters for Taekwon-Do below it.




 I'm very happy with my new ink.