This is actually not a topic I'm super excited about this week or rah-rah cheerleaderish about. Essentially Weight Watchers is trying to encourage us to use that time to be active. I use this time to relax and to stitch!
For many of us pre-weight loss journey we'd come home from work, put on our PJs and plonk ourselves down infront of the TV with a big-ole snack! I was guilty of this myself once upon a time.
Pre Weight Watchers many of us would snack on :
- ice cream
- cheese & crackers
Now that we're on our weight loss journey we tend to snack on :
- Frozen yogurt
- limited nuts
- popcorn (microwave/air popped)
- melba toast
- Weight Watchers products
- veggie chips/ baked chips
- turkey pepperets
- Put a piece of stationary equipment in front of the TV and walk/cycle while you watch your favourite show
- During the commercials up your resistance/speed/or incline use this time to do intervals and increase your heart rate
- Do crunches/plank/push ups and more during the commercials
- Sit on a exercise ball instead of on the couch to work your abdominal muscles
- So much more!