One day during another one of my many migraines in high school my art teacher asked me if I ate breakfast. Well, we all know that answer... no. I recall that the idea of eating in the morning used to turn my stomach. At that point I started trying to eat in the morning. Now I often find I'm certainly hungry and ready to eat in the morning!
Why is breakfast important? Well like gas in your car, its fuel for your body to get you up and going!
What are the benefits of a balanced breakfast?
- Helps avoid snacking and overeating
- Provides energy for activity
- Boosts concentration and focus
- Delivers nutrients for good health
- Reduced sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal (instant) with raisins
- Fiber 1 Crunch Original cereal with banana, raisins & milk or bananas, strawberries & milk
- Peanut butter roll up - small whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter on it, roll it around a banana
- Smoothie - 3 frozen strawberries, 1/3c frozen mango, 1/3c mixed field berries, 1 banana, 1/2c milk, 1 small container of low fat yogurt, 1/2c water, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, sometimes a dash of honey to make it nice and sweet, it tastes like candy!
- Yogurt parfait
- Mini bagel & light cream cheese
- Hard boiled egg on whole wheat toast
- Apple with peanut butter and raisins
My leader shared a recipe with us and actually had a little sample, it wasn't bad and a good idea to have in the fridge
Marianne's Dog's Breakfast (aka: Breakfast of Champions)
- 2c quick oats
- 1/2c bran flakes
- 3/4c orange juice
- 1/2c milk
- 1/4c honey
- 1 apple, grated
1/2 c = 6 points, supposedly this is super filling!
So what are your breakfast go-to meals?
Wow! Saturday is getting closer and closer! My 10K at the Ottawa Race Weekend is that evening! Eeeek!