I ALMOST didn't get to attend last night's meeting at the Weight Watchers Center in the city. I showed the receptionist my Lifetime Status card, and told her I was here to attend the meeting but that I did not want to weigh in yet for the month. She started telling me how I HAD to weigh in that it was the rules that you had to weigh in at your first meeting of the month. I reply "really? The two meetings I usually attend let me pick which meeting I weigh in at as long as I weigh in at some point that month." She wanted to keep insisting that they were breaking the rules at my regular meetings. So she pulled out a lifetime member booklet and starts reading the "fine print" to prove her point.
Here's what it says : If you weiged in during the preceding calendar month at a meeting, you are eligible to attend this meeting free of charge depending on your weigh-in results.
So guess who won that debate??? Yup, yours truly! It did leave a sour taste in my mouth and I don't think I enjoyed the meeting as much because of that. I also think I'm spoilt by the fantastic leader at my local Saturday meetings.
Metabolism is the process by which your body burns calories for energy.Under eating and being inactive are the two main factors for a slow metabolism. So how can we speed up our metabolism or get it working better?Exercise regularly - find something YOU enjoy and "just do it"
- Build lean muscle mass
- Eat regularly!!! Just like a car needs gas, so does your body and food is the fuel you fill your tank with. If your car won't go anywhere on empty, what makes you think you will?
- Your body doesn't function properly, and can eventually cause damage to your organs
- Types of food we should be leaning towards to "fill" our tanks?
- Lean protein
- Whole grains
- Healthy fats (yes your body still needs them to function right)
- Eat all of your meals and have snacks! Yes I said have a SNACK, of course I'm not talking about a bag of chips and a chocolate bar. A piece of fruit, vegetables and hummus, there are so many choices.
- Never go hungry to a meal
Sleep... what can I say? I am the biggest culprit for this! I rarely get more than 6 hours sleep a night. This is something else we need for our bodies and brains to function properly!
I did like the quote the leader wrapped up the meeting with.
"Nothing will work unless you do"So go get at it folks!!!!